October has really flown by!
Alyssa is now 23 pounds and almost a year old! She is crawling everywhere and licking everything. Yes-LICKING!
Alyssa is now 23 pounds and almost a year old! She is crawling everywhere and licking everything. Yes-LICKING!
She will lick something (her crib, my pants, Bobby's hair, the dishwasher, her play pen) and then laugh hystericlaly about it. It's really funny and...wierd. She has 6 teeth now and waves bye-bye to us. She loves to cuddle in the mornings (I usually steal the cuddles before work!) and loves to turn the pages in her book by herself. She is learning to sit up in her crib and there are mornings when we go in her room and she's sitting up and talking to the wall. Alyssa also went to her first fair and LOVED looking at all the lights! We also heard Steven Curtis CHapman perform "I Will Be Here" which was the song we danced to at our weddng!
Bobby is still looking for employment. He has been so focused on applying for jobs an dmaking sure he doens't waste any time while at the house with Alyssa. He's been looking and applying for jobs daily since July...so I sent him on break to Cincinnati. He went with a friend who is an enrollment counselor for CSU. It's a much needed break for him and they'll be attending the National Youth Workers Convention, which he is incredibly pumped about. There are going to be some speakers there talking about Family Based Ministry-and that's where his passion is.
I spent 2.5 weeks in Columbia for work. The good things about it is that Bobby and Alyssa came up to see me for two days while I was there! That helped ALOT! I am settled back into my office now after being in training. I feel more prepared for my job and ready to get out there and do it. I did get accepted into the M. Ed program at Liberty for School Guidance Counseling. We're still not sure when/if I will start the program. For now, I am enjoying the place I am in.
Some news, my grandmother had an X-Ray and CT scan done last week. They located a mass in her lungs and will do a biopsy this week. This is my father's mother. She is 80 years old, was adopted, was on the island when Pearl Harbor was bombed, smoked for 60 years, raised 7 children by herself when her husband left her for his mistress, and watched 3 die of cancer. She is an incredible woman. We're making plans to see her the 2nd weekend in November.
0 comments:
Post a Comment