Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 2010

Posted by i am... at 7:08 PM
Quick Updates: List form.

1. We're getting ready to move...again :/ I'd like to be in a place where we can settle...put glue on our feet and stay. I'm tired of packing boxes only to unpack them for about a year and then repeat the whole thing again. But, I am excited to move. I know you can really tell, huh?

2. I wish I could hear my dad laugh again. Or hold Grannys hand. Or talk to Pam. I miss these people terribly. Some days I don't want to move. I feel stuck and don't know how to go on without them.

3. Alyssa is a treasure. She brings me joy everyday. There is always a new adventure or discovery waiting to be made. She turned 2 a few weeks ago.

4. Samson is my football player. 5 months old, eating almost everything in sight. Wearing 12 months clothes. Laughing, rolling over, jumping, bouncing, etc. He's a wonderful blessing. Now, if only we can get him to sleep through the night :) 

5. A co-worker and I are struggling alot with an incident that occurred at work. Wonder at times if our hard work and investment in these families is in vain sometimes. I try not to get discouraged, but often wonder.

6. On the subject of dealing with things: there's a situation that I have not really let go off. The friendship is gone and has been for many years, but I hold on to it so tightly. I know that people are in our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.Maybe I needed her in my life while I was in foster care. I needed to see someone "normal" and know that I could make better choices. Maybe that season ended because after her, God placed incredible woman of love, strength, and encouragement in my life to take over. College was a wonderful time for me and allowed me to cultivate friendships that have lasted through fire and have come out stronger. Brandie, Andrea, Stephanie, Heather, Cherie, Becca--You have been and continue to be blessings. After college, Godly women, mothers, we placed in my life: Esther, Michelle, Janice, Wanda, Erica, Lynette--you're living examples of how to be be a woman striving after the Lord and while being completely transparent about how difficult it is, continue to be strong. Role-models. True friends and sisters in Christ. I've got to let that old relationship go.

7. Allow me oto introduce you to Stella. Yes. I named my Kindle. I like how it groups all my quotes in one place "My Clippings" . Makes it a lot easier when I need to reference one, instead of flipping through my library of 75 books (which are now all packed). Plus it's lightweight an I take it everywhere. AND I have a really neat quiltted cover for it on etsy.com

8. Looking forward to getting settled and taking classes again. I'd like to finish my Masters, but actually just enjoying learning. Especially history. Ever since an AP History class in high school, I've become addicted.

9. Incredibly thankful for my husband Bobby. Everyday he challenges and encourages me to grow stronger and to grow closer to God. We have been together for 8 years now and he's been nothing short of amazing.

10. That's all folks :)

0 comments:

 

The Vann Family Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez