Thursday, August 27, 2009

Posted by i am... at 2:38 PM

I have enjoyed the sunny weekends at the beach! I've enjyed being unemployed for the last two months and being a stay at home mom. I've realized that for 5 of Alyssa's 9 months, I have been home with her. It certainly was unexpected and such a wonderful blessing!

Alyssa is now 20 pounds and working on crawling! She's still trying to get her knees up under her, but when she does, we're going to be in trouble! She can walk backwards in her walker and clap now! She continues to be a very happy baby and is doing great!

Bobby started working at "Palmetto Behavioral Health" in Summerville, SC. It's a residential corrective facility for juvenile males. He is also getting back into running alot. Our apartment complex is located in an area with miles of family friendly trails so he has been taking advantage of it!

I was offered employment with the Charleston County Department of Social Services and will start on September 2. I will be working to provide state recommended treatment services to famlies who have some type of abuse or neglect in their home. I also turned 25...and found many grey hairs.

We've been attending Summit Church (http://www.summitcharleston.com/) and are very excited to see how God is going to use us for ministry at this church. We went here while we were in college as well!

We're continuing to pray to see what God has planned for us. Sometimes, the Lord just wants us to wait and rest in knowing that He has only the best instore for us. Most times, I do not want to rest and be still and would much rather make something happen.

0 comments:

 

The Vann Family Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez